Saturday, September 26, 2009

Family Day Cruise on the San Jac

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: Day Cruise
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook



I got to go on the San Jac for the Family Day Cruise on Friday. Unfortunately, you had to be at least 8 years old to attend so I had to find someone to watch William all day long. Thanks again to my friend, Melissa for watching him from 6:30 am to 5:30 pm. It was such a fun day. There was a 'Steel Beach' picnic in the helicopter hangar and they had armor/weapons demonstrations where I got to put on full body armor and hold training weapons. It was cool! It was a festive day, but at the same time, I got to see how this ship functions and got a taste of what Sean's job is like. It was cold, windy, and rainy but we had a great time.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Sounds like so much fun! I think your tough guy face is plenty tough :)

Megann Wilkerson said...

So fun!! I love random little adventures. I know you hear this all the time, but you look PHENOMENAL!!! Love your guts!

The Puffer Family said...

That sounded like tons of fun! I'm totally bummed you guys are moving - I thought maybe we'd see you if we went up to Virginia again. Oh well, we may catch you if we end up going to all of the Northeastern sites! BTW - you look totally awesome!