Thursday, May 21, 2009

Warrior Ball


Since Sean's sea duty is almost over, we won't have as many fancy formal dinners to go to. This might have been the last one, but it was a great one. Mostly because I got to pick a smaller sized dress that I actually liked and I didn't look like Dorothy from the Golden Girls (plus sized clothes are usually very 'drapey').
There was a pirate theme to the evening and there were tables decorated with pirate stuff. The favors were goblets engraved with the logo of the evening. They were filled with golden pirate chocolate coins. It took so long for dinner to be served, Sean ate both of our goblets of 'booty.' We didn't have much of a decoration, just a small third place trophy that our ship had recently won. Lame! If only I was in charge of the center piece for our table. . .
The only unpleasant thing about that night was the food. It was SO good! Now for a normal person, that is a good thing. For someone who can only eat 3 bites and be full to capacity, it was torture! The salmon, asparagus, and petit filets were perfect but I had to choose carefully what to nibble on. Then the rest of the meal just stared back at me, mocking me, while everyone cleaned their plate. Everyone must have thought I was anorexic or very picky. Such a shame!
After dinner and the speaker finished up, there was dancing until midnight. It felt so good to get out there and not be so self conscious or think I was the largest person there. It was a great night.
I hope we have a few formal nights in our new post (wherever that may be).

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Where's your beautiful eye patch to accentuize your beautiful black dress?

You look so great!

Melissa said...

I can't believe I just wrote accetuize, I meant accentuate.

Hate that I can't erase comments.

I Choose Happiness said...

That evening looked liked so much fun! At least there are some nice perks to having your husband in the service. =) You looked beautiful!

Robyn said...

Lookin' good, the bee!

Emily said...

You look beautiful. Isn't it so much fun to get to dress up like a real person and ditch the kid :)?