Sunday, November 16, 2008

Wreath Crazy!

I am ADDICTED to wreaths! I first wanted one to go on my front door at Christmas time. But there were so many cute fall wreaths so I had to get one for the fall. Then spring and summer. Then things got out of hand. I needed a wreath on the inside of the door as well as the back door, and the inside of the back door, and so on. I think I have a problem. Anyway, since cute wreaths can carry a hefty price tag, I had to get crafty to feed my addiction. I had a ratty old evergreen one that I had once decorated but it was looking pretty sad over the years. I stripped it and started from scratch. I found a cute inspiration piece in the Pottery Barn catalog, got some inexpensive glass balls and my trusty glue gun and went to town. I love my new wreath and despite the poor lighting in my photo, it really does look just like the catalog.

Pottery Barn - $99


Mine - $12

9 comments:

Heather Edwards said...

You did such a great job. You should go into business.

LeShel said...

I love your wreath. I also love wreaths but every time I go to purchase one I end up without because the price is so steep. Good work.
(I'm Amy's sister. I was blog stalking)

Emily said...

SO CUTE! I want to be like you Heidi, but alas, I am not :). Your wreath is beautiful.

Krista said...

Lovely! Did you go to the wreath class the other night? I missed it, but I'm inspired by your festive creation!

Dial Family said...

I love stealing "Do it yourselfers" from magazines such as potterybarn and other such home decor.. Although, I am not HALF as creative and crafty as you are Heidi!! You are amazing!! I would have run the other way (I'd be so nervous.) You never cease to amaze me...

Melissa said...

Cute! You better be careful or you will be put in the insane wreath assylem.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful wreath! You are so on top of things. I just barely got my Thanksgiving stuff out and can't even think about Christmas decorations yet.

Sara said...

Your wreath is great. I love them too, but find I just don't have the time, energy, money to get them. Maybe I will look for a cute Christmas one at all the after Christmas sales.

Robyn said...

Great job, you little crafty The Bee!