Thursday, August 14, 2008

Oceanfront Playgroup

I know I say this a lot, but I LOVE living by the sea! I love going the beach on a weekday for a couple of hours and home in time for lunch and a nap. My playgroup went to Oceanside in Norfolk. It's a smaller beach than Virginia Beach, but it has free parking and less crowds and no hikes to the water. Great beach day!

That's me (the fool with the umbrella!).
He wanted the umbrella at first. I guess he didn't like the direct sunshine. It also hid the scary waves from his view.

William was NOT a fan a first. I was determined to get him to like the beach.
I brought some sea water over to him to splash around with.
After a while, he liked the idea of playing in the sand with the water. Maybe next time he'll like coming to play on the beach.

3 comments:

Sara said...

yeah, yeah, yeah...so you live by the beach...big deal. I'll just go sit in my corner in the middle of the country where I have no hope of ever seeing the ocean. :) I loved the pictures. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

Amy said...

Sounds like you found a great spot! Kids are so funny, but the first couple of times Macie went to the beach she'd scream if I tried to set her down on the sand. Now I can't get her out of our sand box.

Anne House said...

You are so lucky to be near the beach..I miss Half Moon Bay and Dillon Beach..the two I spent most time at. We spent our honeymoon on the Outer Banks in North Carolina...but Jaws had just come out, so I was a bit timid.