Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Letters From Sean

I got a few emails from Sean about his first port of call in Tuloun, France. I'll include the pictures and commentary he sent. I thought it was pretty funny.

Here's a picture I took of me in Toulon, France with some guys I had just met. They pretty much just ignored me, but that's okay, because they were a couple of stiffs anyway.

This is a picture of me with some visitors from the French ship Jean de Vienne. It was kinda fun trying to communicate with them, but when they left, I was glad to see them go.
This is a picture of me and my guys after we'd finished prepping for Thanksgiving dinner. Left to right, it's me, FC2 Brown, GM2 Dodgin, and ET3 Smith. Aren't we pretty?

*I like how Sean is making the moves on FC2 Brown!

This is the smashed sandwich shack by the front gate of Arsenal Toulon.







Dear Mrs. Payne,

It is with a sad heart that I write to inform you about a tragic mishap on board USS San Jacinto this morning. At about 1000, your husband went to get his hair cut at the barbershop, requesting that 1½” be left on the top. Due to a misunderstanding between your husband and the barber, your husband’s hair was cut to a length of ¼”, top and sides. Valiant efforts were made to reattach the hair, including an experimental operation with a glue stick, but at 1030, the hair was declared DOA. I understand what a shock this must be, and you have my condolences.

I have included a picture of the victim, in order to assure you that he is surviving the mishap, although still in poor condition.

Sincerely,

ENS Sean Payne
Food Service Officer
USS San Jacinto

3 comments:

Robyn said...

That haircut is payback for the one he gave William!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the cultural illumination that world travels have inspired in you.

Sara said...

I love the pictures, but Sean's comments make them even better. Sadly, we gave Tanner an army haircut the other day :( Hopefully it will look normal again by Christmas!