Friday, December 28, 2007

Carrot Christmas!

On Christmas morning I received the following email from Sean:
Merry Christmas! I made a little nativity scene for the Mess Decks thismorning. The figurines are all made of carrots, and the stable is madeof a loaf of bread...that's what I had to work with.
Love, Sean
Can you believe this guy?! I've been married to him for almost four years and I had no idea he could whittle, and do a pretty decent job as well. Really, is there anything he can't do? My mom saw this picture, and after laughing at my husband's hidden talents, said she needed to print this picture and hang it up at the next Creche exhibit titled, "A Sailor's Nativity." Whittling. . . who knew?! Maybe I should ask him for a chess set?

3 comments:

Sara said...

Holy Cow! I can't even tell you how impressed I am with that. (I wonder if Todd can whittle?!?!) :)

We had a lot of fun with you guys this past week. I wish that we could have stayed longer and hung out some more. William is really a sweet, darling boy. Riley sure liked him.

Have a great New Years!

Melissa said...

That's awesome! I wonder how long that took him to make. I'm glad our tax dollars could go to pay for the hours of whittling going on.

Diana said...

Just stumbled upon this. Your husband did an incredible job! What a great witness too, all the time he put into that probably showed the other men how important it was. Jesus is the reason for the season!