Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Pass the Turkey . . . and the Kleenex!!

Happy Thaygsgibbing! This Thanksgiving I packed up William and we headed up to Gainesville for some family fun. We arrived on the 15th, the same day as my mom. It was great catching up and William loves his Grandma.

We had a great couple of days, but then William started to get a runny nose. That's normal considering the weather was changing and it's runny nose season. But our fourth night there, William had a very high fever and had to be taken to Urgent Care. His temperature was 105 and an ambulance and Rescue Squads were called in. We were all really scared but our prayers were answered and his fever broke and William didn't need to go to the hospital. We were advised to give him Tylenol and Motrin for the next 24 hours. William was better but fragile by the next day. He was back to baby wrestling with Ryan within a couple of days. He still had his runny nose and by now, that had passed on to the rest of the family. I was totally stuffed up, sore throat and even had laryngitis by the end of my trip.

On the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, Dad showed up and we were ready to party. I'm sure William was happy to have his Grandpa there to toss him up in the air like his dad would.

Like anyone who has their birthday towards the end of November knows, mine ends up on Thanksgiving every 6 or 7 years. This was my year of birthday turkey. We had a great feast. Robyn and my mom worked all day to prepare a great meal.

Turkey
Cranberry Sauce
Stuffing/Dressing
Stuffed Onions
Cooked Carrots
Asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce
Lime Whip Jello
Homemade Rolls
Pineapple Slush Punch
Pumpkin Pie
Cherry Pie
White Birthday Cake with Buttercream Frosting





We were stuffed by the end of the meal. It was so good and the leftovers were great. I wish I could have another roll right now. All I can say is thank goodness I didn't have to try to make a Thanksgiving dinner in my tiny kitchen.

No comments: