I finished the second session of the Wilton cake decorating class at Michaels. For the last day of class we were to decorate a cake using the new techniques we had learned all month. Unfortunately my cake didn't turn out as good as it did for the first session. I had prepared, the night before, lots of delicate blossom flowers for the bottom border of my cake as well as some roses and primroses for the top. Let me tell you, working with icing is tricky! Having the right consistency is crucial! My icing for the cake was too wet and it didn't crust the way it should (it was also a humid day) so I couldn't smooth it out with a sheet of parchment paper like the pros do. I also didn't pay enough attention to where I was storing my pre-piped flowers and Charlotte got her hands on a lot of them leaving me no time to replace them. I had to improvise in class. Fortunately, I had a bunch of different flowers I had practiced making so I wasn't completely without. I wasn't really that satisfied with my cake, but it was good enough. And to make matters worse, my cake carrier failed on the way out of the store and a whole side got smashed! So here's the picture of my doomed cake. At least it was delicious!