Friday, January 13, 2012

Getting Ready for Valentine's Day

 
I saw this cute idea on Pintrest.  It's more fun than I thought it would be.  First, I cut out a TON of 3" pink hearts (thanks, Cricut. . . again!).  Stacked them in four stacks.  Then I put initials on each heart per stack (H for Heidi, Sean, W for William and C for Charlotte).  Then I had a little family meeting to explain the game.  I got out a large clear vase and told them we were going to see how much we can fill this up before Valentine's Day.  In order to fill it up, we needed to hand out hearts to those we love in our family.  But, it needs to be a surprise!  When you give someone a heart, it's like saying, "I love you!"  When you get a heart, you drop it in the vase and that's how we fill it.  I swear you can't help but smile when you find these hearts in the least likely of places.  William usually will set one on my pillow or on the floor in front of my door.  Sean has been more creative.  I've found hearts on my Diet Coke in the fridge, inside my Nook cover, and even in each shoe!  I've handed my share out and helped Charlotte.  We've put them in toy boxes, Sean's jacket and cover, William's Wii controller, under car keys, etc.  It's been great and our jar is almost half full already!  I totally recommend this game to anyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute, I like the heart on the diet coke and in the shoes.