Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween

Halloween was awesome this year!  We went to pumpkin farms, got dressed up, had special Halloween treats, went Trick-or-Treating, and topped off the holiday with an awesome Halloween party.  

A couple of weeks ago we went down to Virginia to watch my sister's kids for a few days.  We went to a fall festival at Merrifield Garden Center in Gainesville.  They had a fantastic set up.  There was a bounce house and inflatable slide in the front.  They had a hay ride around the lot.  There was a hay bale maze in the back and a large sandbox filled with corn to play in.  The kids also got to paint a pumpkin and get face painting if they wanted.  A fabulous set up at a local garden center.








The next day we went to Cox Farm.  A family tradition for my sister.  It's definitely one of the best pumpkin farms out there.  They have tons of giant slides, lots of farm animals, a corn maze, free apples and cider, play grounds and a very entertaining hay ride.







Back home, William had his preschool Halloween party and costume parade.  It was crummy weather so we had the parade in the gym.




Then it was time to get ready for Trick or Treat night.  In our township, they have Trick or Treat night the Thursday before October 31st.  Silly, I know, but that's how it is out here for whatever reasons.  Grandpa came to join in the fun and later Robyn's family came to double dip in the Trick or Treating.





After Trick or Treat night is over, you get the feeling that Halloween is over.  I am totally against this!  This year I had a Halloween party to celebrate the actual holiday.  I invited a few families over and had treats and snacks and did it up proper.  I had the most fun planning this party!  I'm pretty sure it was a success even though we ended with one of William's friends throwing up.  I wish I would have taken more pictures, but I was caught up in the party fun.










Good times this Halloween season.  Now for the frenzy of putting Halloween away to make room for Christmas!

No comments: