It's been a rough week with all the snow and going a little crazy from being shut in for so long but at least it's forced me to try some new things. I got out my Cricut (best Christmas gift!) and tried it out on some vinyl lettering. I've been putting off this experiment because vinyl at the craft store is expensive and I'm still a beginner "Cricutter." I didn't want to waste vinyl on mistakes. Anyway, it wasn't as hard as I had expected. I didn't use contact paper so it was like peeling and placing stickers. I learned that working SLOW is the key as to not stretch the cut out. Also, when adhering vinyl to glass, it can be peeled off and repositioned if you make a mistake. Just as long as you do it CAREFULLY. I got the clear glass jar pretty cheap at Wal Mart and the lettering is the Alphalicious font. If I were to do it again, I'd make the letters smaller. Other than that, I love my new laundry soap jar! I'm off to my next project. I'll post it when it's finished . . . and if it's cute enough to share!
2 months ago