Sunday, June 22, 2008

A Fence at Last!

Sorry it's been a while. I bet you all are sick of seeing my homecoming slide show. Well, I have good and bad news. Good news, here's a new post to read. Bad news, I can't find my camera. I went up to my sister's house and I think I left it there. It's a shame, I had some really great pictures of the festivities that went on there for my niece's baptism.

Anyway, this post is about our fence. I have been waiting for this miracle of construction for a year now (wow, we've been in Virginia for a year!). Now that Sean is home and we have the money there are NO EXCUSES!! Finally, Sean went off to Lowes and came home with a rented truck and all the fence materials we needed. It's been slow going and I wish he would not have been so stubborn about asking for help, but it's nearly finished. We've put a lot of hard work into it and now the hard part is over with the post holes and measuring the posts just right to keep them centered. All we need now is to nail up the panels and viola! Hello fence! Hello backyard! Hello barbecues! Hello privacy! I wish I had pictures to show of our progress. I'll post again when I get my camera back. Hope you all are having a great summer!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Who says Sean doesn't get things done?!?!? A fence that isn't on it's last hinges would be nice...but we'll have to save that for another day. :)